Team-BHP > Commercial Vehicles
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2008, 14:21   #301
Team-BHP Support

Amit (underscore) Mechengg? - Please see this thread - Tata.
Old 9th February 2008, 15:05   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
amit_mechengg : i think u dont know what all models are available in the market in india and overseas. precisely there are 412 live models right now running with tata motors. will give u some examples which might not have even come to ur mind. there are models which go to the military which have turbo, then power take off units and what not, all in diff models. then comes with canopy without canopy. then comes diff models of engines. then the cabs and cowls with sleeper coach without sleepers. then comes with chassis lengths. them comes with BHP and load carrying capacity. then comes with EURO norms. then comes with AXLES. double axle. whether dead axle or live axles etc. u wont even imagine the models available as u see only trucks and cars. u dont see the models boss.
Amit, we would love to see the entire list of 412 models, with full specs & photos. We are all here to talk about automobiles, and good information is always welcome. There are a few TBHP-ians who own some of these commercial /cargo vehicles, and with their knowledge & experience, a good discussion can only get better.

Also, pls do check out the TBHP rules section. We prefer full words, good English, and less slang/SMS language. And it would help if you quote just that part which you want to respond about, rather than the full message you are replying to. It helps us all to understand which specific point are you trying to respond to.

Last edited by condor : 9th February 2008 at 15:07.
Old 10th February 2008, 14:20   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Amit, we would love to see the entire list of 412 models, with full specs & photos. We are all here to talk about automobiles, and good information is always welcome. There are a few TBHP-ians who own some of these commercial /cargo vehicles, and with their knowledge & experience, a good discussion can only get better.

Also, pls do check out the TBHP rules section. We prefer full words, good English, and less slang/SMS language. And it would help if you quote just that part which you want to respond about, rather than the full message you are replying to. It helps us all to understand which specific point are you trying to respond to.
Dear Condor and Mobalfire,
first of all i am very much sorry that you faced the inconvenience of reading those stuffs regarding the models. but to give you a comprehensive feel about the models that go into the 412 models list i had to copy those bits and bytes from someones mail. And regarding the quotes i was not able to copy them as i was using a Hp windows handset to post it. Next time i will type in full.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Amit (underscore) Mechengg? - Please see this thread - Tata.
i have seen that thread and i know that PMT had faced issues over those low floored buses. Even i know the Tata People from lucknow who were investigating these issues. Tata had given some instructions to be followed by PMT especially when the buses were new. Some of them were the speed limits, the usage of clutch, warming the engines, gear shifts etc. Even some bus drivers who were nominated by PMT were trained specially.
when the engines were opened they found that those buses were excessively abused. even the engine oil had burnt out. these buses were driven in half clutches also.even PMT claimed that they maintained the buses timely they couldnt produce any service records. they didnt even bother to maintain the coolant and engine oil.
we know better when the vehicle is new what all care is to be taken.

the officials admitted that the first lot of 6 buses which were produced had some cooling issues related with the rear engine.
but they were sorted out and the new vehicles dont have any such issues.

PMT has also purchased new low floored buses for their BRT projects and they run smoothly in areas between swargate and katraj.
Old 10th February 2008, 14:37   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks, Amit.
Quote:
amit_mechengg : when the engines were opened they found that those buses were excessively abused. even the engine oil had burnt out. these buses were driven in half clutches also.even PMT claimed that they maintained the buses timely they couldnt produce any service records. they didnt even bother to maintain the coolant and engine oil.
IMO, we dont know the truth behind the cause of this problem. Also, let's not change the topic of this thread. We already have a dedicated thread reg the low floor busses with PMT & their problems. Let's continue the discussion about the low floor busses with PMT, there.
Old 14th February 2008, 13:38   #305
BHPian

Has anyone noticed that most of the Pushpak (luxury) buses in Bangalore have Air Suspension at the rear? Plus most buses in the BMTC fleet these days have JK or Vikrant Radials. Excellent move by BMTC.
Any idea on the cost of these buses as compared to the regular ones?
Old 14th February 2008, 14:09   #306
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
prashanthyr : Plus most buses in the BMTC fleet these days have JK or Vikrant Radials. Excellent move by BMTC.
Why do you say this is excellent ?

Such purchases are typically in lots, so it shouldnt be surprising. Also, Vikrant tyres is a Karnataka State Govt undertaking. They have enjoyed patronage of the Karnataka RTC's for a long time.
Old 14th February 2008, 14:17   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you say this is excellent ?

Such purchases are typically in lots, so it shouldnt be surprising. Also, Vikrant tyres is a Karnataka State Govt undertaking. They have enjoyed patronage of the Karnataka RTC's for a long time.

I termed it as excellent since I dont know of any other state transport undertaking going for buses with Air suspension to improve ride quality, which benefits Passengers.
Also, as far as I know, Vikrant tyres was sold by Karnataka Govt (to JK Tyres?) some years back
Old 14th February 2008, 14:20   #308
Senior - BHPian

once upon a time Kerala SRTC buses rode on Ceat rubber exclusively. No clues for guessing why
Old 14th February 2008, 16:14   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashanthyr View Post
I termed it as excellent since I dont know of any other state transport undertaking going for buses with Air suspension to improve ride quality, which benefits Passengers.
Also, as far as I know, Vikrant tyres was sold by Karnataka Govt (to JK Tyres?) some years back

BEST MUTP BS3 buses have rear air suspension and also some of the NON-MUTP BS3 Buses have it and i am not sure but those MUTP ones also have radials.
Old 15th February 2008, 07:52   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
prashanthyr : I termed it as excellent since I dont know of any other state transport undertaking going for buses with Air suspension to improve ride quality, which benefits Passengers.
Yes, it is good. Personally, I have found Karnataka busses to be good, better than most RTC's I have seen.

Also, from your initial post, it appeared that the JK/Vikrant tyres part was an excellent move.
Quote:
prashanthyr : Also, as far as I know, Vikrant tyres was sold by Karnataka Govt (to JK Tyres?) some years back
The patronage continues to this day ?
Old 17th February 2008, 10:58   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
prashanthyr : I saw a couple of Ashok Leyland 'Corona' buses on Kanakpura road yesterday.
condor : a KSRTC Corona - with Pune plates..
Prashanth, here's three Carona's parked on Kanakapura Road (just before Thalagahattapura). The two on the front sport Pune number plates.
Old 17th February 2008, 14:21   #312
Senior - BHPian

they look very very similar to the volvo b7r.. .

just like chinese copies..
Old 17th February 2008, 19:39   #313
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
they look very very similar to the volvo b7r..
I am not sure about this but it could possibly be because the coach building for Volvo's is outsourced to Azad coach builders. A very old timer in bus building somewhere in south.
Old 17th February 2008, 23:01   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
they look very very similar to the volvo b7r.. .

just like chinese copies..
you stole these words from my mind..indeed

but anyway i still like it,i would love to see these on road
Old 18th February 2008, 09:11   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Prashanth, here's three Carona's parked on Kanakapura Road (just before Thalagahattapura). The two on the front sport Pune number plates.

Thanks for the pics @Condor. I have been meaning to get these pics for sometime, but my cell phone camera has conked off and my digicam is with someone else :(

Back to the topic: Yes, they are very similar to the B7Rs, with a price tag of approximately 50% of the B7R, which is the reason KSRTC is trying them out.

I also hear they are trying out the Globus range from Tata
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks